A Fat Dietitian? You may be asking yourself why someone with an intimate knowledge of food and nutrition would be overweight. Well, hear me out on this.
I’m fat and have been for several years now, not FAT fat, but fat. On a good day I like to think of myself as voluptuous, for example, “I am not fat, that Victoria’s Secret model is just not as voluptuous as I am.”
Now for the second half of my title, the dietitian part, and here comes my first confession, so brace yourselves. I am not a dietitian. Now before you throw tomatoes at me or click the back button on your browser let me elaborate, I am not a dietitian yet. However, I am currently in school pursuing a degree in nutrition and I will ultimately become a registered dietitian.
So you still may be asking yourselves why someone who is well on the road to becoming a dietitian would be overweight. It has been said that there are two types of nutrition students; health nuts that survive on carrot sticks and seltzer water and those who simply love and adore food. I fall into the latter category, hence the fat thing.
I LOVE food, pure and simple. I love cooking food, thinking about food, and especially eating food. I could, and often do, spend hours flipping through cookbooks searching for new ideas or wandering aimlessly through the grocery store examining all of the fresh produce and new food products.
I want you to know that I am a real woman who struggles with food and weight issues like so many others. My personal goal is to have more days where I feel voluptuous and fewer days where I feel fat. Join me on my journey to lose weight and improve my health without having to sacrifice my love for food. I hope along the way you laugh and can relate to my confessions, that you enjoy my recipes, and that you learn something new about the ever-changing field of nutrition.
The FD