
But it also causes cavities and contributes to obesity (I knew that Mary Poppins was deceitful)!
I confess... I have a MAJOR sweet tooth (as if you hadn't figured that out already)! It's bad, *really* bad. When I was a toddler my parents had to tell me that the truck that drove by every afternoon with children chasing it was a piano truck! They used to cough when they would open a can of soda, or else I would run into the room and want some. Sometimes I like to blame genetics... my grandfather likes to have a little coffee with his sugar, and has been known to eat a few cookies for breakfast.
Halloween was one of my favorite holidays, as it is for many children. I would be so excited to go trick-or-treating I would be unable to eat my dinner. I would then proceed to be on a sugar high for approximately a week. My mother would try to set boundaries (I could have 1 piece in my lunch, and 1 as an afternoon snack), but she never hid it well enough.
If you fear for the well being of your children's teeth or feel guilty contributing to the childhood obesity epidemic, fear not because I will be addressing/researching this very topic in the coming days...