Friends + Cupcakes = A Happy Friday

I am quite obsessed with cupcakes, hence the background of this blog. I think they are so cute, and though it might seem silly cupcakes just seem like more fun than a slice of cake. Yesterday NAOmni, some friends, and I headed to a local bakery to check out their cupcake scene. Immediately upon entering the little chabby chic bakery the smell of baked goods was overwhelming. There were tons of fancy cakes on display, and many more yummy treats under glass. Free samples of itty bitty adorable cupcakes were offered, and I tried chocolate espresso and red velvet. Both were sinfully delicious. However, I had my eye on the pumpkin cupcakes and so NAOmni and I shared a box of two. While eating we able to watch women in the kitchen baking and frosting delicious goodies, and I am thinking of a new career. If you are ever in need of something to do with your girlfriends check out your local bakery. In addition to wonderful pictures, Cupcakes Take the Cake has an extensive list of U.S. city cupcakeries.

the itty bitty red velvet sample...

sharing is caring

my pumpkin cupcake in all it's cupcakey glory

half-done

sugar rush in 3...2...1


(National Cupcake Day is in December, expect to see my favorite low calorie cupcake tip)