So they say that the more time you spend with someone the more you rub off on one another. I spend more time with NAOmni than with anyone else. We wake up early and go into lab together and work in the lab in between classes, every day. Every morning we go to McDonald's and NAOmni gets the same thing, 2 fruit and yogurt parfaits and a large diet coke. Same thing every morning.
Well this morning I was running a little late, and decided to get McD's for breakfast with NAOmni. Well rather than waste hundreds of calories on foods that provide little to no nutritional value I decided to try the fruit and yogurt parfait. So I ordered NAOmni's usual, 2 parfaits and a large diet coke.
I was expecting it to be ok... to say that my expectations were exceeded would be an understatement. It was absolutely positively delicious. They yogurt is sweet and creamy the fruit is slightly frozen and the separate granola packet is absolute perfections because it stays crunchy.
I was also surprised by how unexpectedly full the parfaits made me. Whenever NAOmni talked about how filling they were I thought to myself, "Oh NAOmni, you and your little skinny girl stomach don't know how a fat girl's stomach functions." But I was full!
The parfaits are only a dollar each, and two is perfect for a meal and one would be an ideal snack. Each parfait has 160 calories (130 without the granola), 2 grams of fat and four grams of protein (click HERE for a full nutrition breakdown)! It is a great way to get in my dairy and fruit servings.
NAOmni reviewed the parfaits recently HERE, and SeriousEats compared McD's parfaits to other fast food parfaits HERE.
All in all, I am impressed. And so my latest obsession is McDonald's fruit and yogurt parfait...
So thank you NAOmni for rubbing off on me, perhaps my valley girl accent will rub off on you!
So, have you tried the McD's parfaits?
