The Riddle Answer, The Recipe, and DFJ


So, do you remember the riddle???
Do you know the answer???

beef strokin' off
AKA
beef stroganoff




A terrible joke, yes I know. But my husband tells this joke every time I make beef stroganoff (his absolute favorite meal) and then laughs hysterically EVERY TIME. He is making me dinner tomorrow for Valentine's Day, so I decided to make this for him tonight.

My wonderful MIL sent me the recipe for this a few years ago so I could make it for my husband's birthday. Here is the email she sent me:

INGREDIENTS
1 pound ground beef (preferably 15%)
1 pound strips of top sirloin or round steak (preferably top sirloin) sliced into 1/2" strips (I omitted this for the sake of my budget)
1 brick of cream cheese (Philadephia is best tasting)
1 can of Cambell's cream of mushroom soup
Approximately 8 oz sour cream
Garlic salt (I used chopped garlic and also added chopped onion)
Pepper
red pepper flakes (maybe about 1 tablespoon for some heat in this dish)
Olive Oil

Cooked egg noodles (wide ones), I usually use one package because the boy loves the leftovers.

Brown the steak strips and hamburger together in the olive oil (as well as the garlic and onion). Season with the garlic salt and pepper. Cook until hamburger is browned (drain). Cut the brick of cream cheese into chunks and put into the meat mixture and stir until the cream cheese is all mixed in. Pour the cream of mushroom soup into the mixture along with the red pepper flakes and cook for approximately 10 minutes on low heat. Take the mixture off of the heat and add the sour cream until all mixed. Pour the mixture either over, or stir into the noodles. Watch the boy salivate and make him earn this dinner by admitting that women rule the world. After the boy is finished, promptly demand that he do the dishes.

Love your future Mom


Below is a photo tutorial:










Yummy!


Daily Food Journal - February 13, 2009

Breakfast:
McDonald's sausage and egg burrito, hashbrown, and Diet Coke. (500 calories)

Lunch: cheese crackers and Diet Coke. (200 calories)

Dinner: beef stroganoff and 2 LandShark beers (I don't even want to know).


Hope your Friday the 13th wasn't an unlucky one!