Say it ain't so...


Image courtesy of Krispy Kreme.

Here I was enjoying my Sunday afternoon alternating between homework and blog hopping, and I came across some terrible news on Slashfood... According to US News & World Report Krispy Kreme may not survive 2009! Click HERE to see the other companies listed as past their expiration date.

When I was a kid I used to pray every Friday night that my Dad would get us doughnuts Saturday morning, and boy was it a good weekend when he did. I always got a custard filled or rainbow sprinkles, but I must admit they were never Krispy Kreme. I discovered Krispy Kreme in college, and I have to say they are the best doughnut I have ever had. They are light, fluffy, and they almost melt in your mouth. They are divine! And when you go into a Krispy Kreme they hand you a hot fresh glazed doughnut while you wait in line. I will be sad to see Krispy Kreme go if the predictions in the article are accurate. So if you have never tried a Krispy Kreme doughnut, go now before it is too late!