TGIW

Thought I would pop in for a minute to update ye olde blog...

First, the hubs sent me THIS and I squealed with delight. Definitely a new strategy to get myself children to eat veggies.

Then he sent me THIS, and I freaked for a minute. Apparently obese people have brain degeneration, scary right? I have since come to the conclusion that if I were thin I would be a genius... I have enough quircks to make me socially awkward, so maybe its for the best.

In light of the passing of Ted Kennedy (RIP) I thought I would mention some old research and methods that are garnering a lot of attention for treating cancer, particularly brain cancer. The ketogenic diet has long been used as a treatment for epilepsy that cannot be controlled with meds. The ketogenic diet is extremely high fat and it forces the body to utilize ketone bodies instead of glucose. Interestingly, cancer cells rely almost exclusively on glucose which means that an individual in ketosis can "starve" the cancer cells. Definitely interesting stuff, and a lot less stressful than chemo. Click HERE for a little more info...

Enjoy the rest of your week!