Life in the Fat Dietitian home used to go something like this...

"Can we get a puppy?" - FD
"No, we have two cats." - Mr. FD
"Pleeeeeeease, it would make me so happy."
"The cats can make you happy."
"Please, please, please, please."
"Ugh. When one of the cats dies we can get a puppy."
"That's not fair, I loathe you..." pout for the rest of the evening
Lather, rinse, repeat ad nauseum.

Then one day...
"Let's get a puppy."
"Wha Wha WHAT?" jaw hits floor
"Yeah, I think I want a dog."

So naturally, I allowed Mr. FD to pretend this was his idea all along so as not to spoil my potentially only opportunity to EVER get a dog. At my urging we head post-haste to a local animal shelter hoping to find a small adult dog, and lo and behold there are numerous shepherd mix puppies who are neither small (not for long anyhow) nor adults. But Mr. FD fell in love...

"Look, look. This puppy chose me, he loves me."
allow Mr. FD to think puppy chose him despite the fact that puppies LOVE everyone

So allow me to introduce you to Chairman (circa February) the puppy who chose my husband:



The cats are not fans of the puppy, but fortunately their forgiveness was purchased with cans of tuna...

Hope you are having a somewhat tolerable Monday!