So I was super pumped to find masala simmer sauce at the grocery store. I decided to throw the sauce in my crockpot with some chicken and let it cook all day. So all of yesterday I dreamed of my masala, and the cous cous and veggies I would make to accompany it.
As Mr. FD and I walk into the house we were immediately greeted with the scents reminiscent of Calcutta. I head for the kitchen to taste my masterpiece to find that I did not add enough simmer sauce and it was now charred and black at the bottom of my crockpot.
The chicken was dry, and had minimal flavor. Essentially it was terrible, and that is being nice about it. Naturally, this put me in a foul mood. I still made cous cous and sauteed some veggies, but I had it sans chicken masala (but I really wanted to pitch it all and go out *hint, hint*). To make up for this, I enjoyed a Blue Moon Honey Moon which is a recent obsession of mine.
And just so Mr. FD knows, I am still craving Indian food hardcore... I think some chicken vindaloo is in order SOON!
How do you deal when dinner is an epic failure?