3 Weeks Down...

... 28 to go!

lolcats funny cat pictures

This week (and a portion of next) I spent my time at an out-patient diabetes clinic.  I also had the opportunity to visit a wellness center at a location where posted signs made threatening claims such as "Use of deadly force authorized."

I have been following an ADA diet this week and monitoring my blood glucose.  The first time I used my glucose meter I was sweating bullets...  First of all, I am a wimp when it comes to my own blood.  I passed out in kindergarten after cutting my finger on my applesauce foil lid. Secondly, I was nervous that not only would I be the fat intern, but I would also find out I have T2DM and tell all my fellow interns at the Friday meeting.  Thus far, I have some rocking blood glucose numbers.

Overall, an enjoyable week. Next week I begin my renal rotation, and will be working in a dialysis center. I have been told that every year at least one intern passes out, I am crossing my fingers that it ain't me!

Happy Friday!