When you hear the word dietitian, what do you think of? Perhaps its a woman administering tube feedings to hospital patients, or educating newly diagnosed diabetics, counseling individuals with eating disorders, or advising someone on how to safely and effectively lose weight. Do you think of a rock star?Jill Jayne is a self described "rockstar nutritionist." She has paired her nutrition education with her knowledge of music to educate children.
"Jill’s knack for rock ‘n roll nutrition is the result of being a Registered Dietitian, an ivy league graduate in nutrition, an athlete, a writer, a singer, an actor, a musician, a student, a teacher, a mover, a shaker, a believer, an I-will-not-stand-by-and-watch-while-I-outlive-today’s-generation-of-young-people."
Jill is currently on tour preforming at assemblies and workshops across the country, and her new CD "Get Me Goin" was just released in October. She is also working on a book and music videos to accompany her songs! One of my favorite aspects about the field of nutrition is that there are so many directions you can go, and Jill Jayne is a perfect example. Click HERE to check out her site and HERE to listen to her music and view her upcoming shows!
I LOVE her! And I am fully expecting to see a lot more of her in the future...