T Minus 6 Days... Cranberry Sauce

What would Thanksgiving be without a little cranberry sauce? More importantly what would the day after Thanksgiving open faced sandwiches be without cranberry sauce?


I have a confession... and embarrassing one... I *prefer* canned cranberry sauce! I know its shameful but it is the truth. When I was very young I honestly wondered how my Granny got the pretty design on the cylinder of cranberry sauce. I love it though, it may not be epicurean but its how my family rolls.



Cranberries have numerous health benefits and are packed with nutrients. They contain vitamin C, vitamin K, manganese, and fiber. They have been shown to helpful at treating urinary tract infections, and newer research has shown that cranberries may promote gastrointestinal and oral health, prevent kidney stones, lower cholesterol, prevent cancer and treat stroke! Click HERE for a full nutritional report on cranberries.


Whether you enjoy your cranberries whole, as a juice, in the form of a gelatinous cylinder, as a sauce, or even with a little vodka in a martini glass go ahead and indulge!