Happy National Cupcake Day!


I love cupcakes, not only are they yummy but I think they are adorable to boot! Cupcakes Take the Cake have been celebrating this special occasion HERE. I am not sure if I will get around to eating a cupcake today, but I will share with you a low-cal cupcake secret (probably not a secret)... Diet Coke cupcakes.

Sounds weird, I know but you can't taste the soda. I first heard about this from my aunt who has had major success with weight watchers. All you need is a box of cake mix and a 12 oz can of diet soda. You don't need oil or eggs, just the soda. Mix with the cake mix and bake according to directions. This significantly cuts the calories, but it still delicious. My only complaint is that they tend to be a little crumbly, this is solved by completely cooling them and keeping them in the fridge. A dollop of cool whip and a few sprinkles and you'll have yourself a delicious treat without having to feel guilty...

Enjoy!