Italian food will be my downfall...

Last night my darling husband took me on a date. I got dressed up, put on make up and jewelry, the whole deal. He took me to our favorite Italian restaurant, and because we are like senior citizens trapped in young bodies we got there nice and early (before all of the young whipper-snappers) and did not even have to wait on a Saturday night. I ordered spaghetti with a spicy marinara sauce and sausage and a salad with Italian dressing. I had only 1 piece of bread, most of my salad, and only half of my spaghetti. I was pleased with myself, I felt full but not stuffed. I took the rest of the spaghetti home with me.

When we got home I put the leftovers in the fridge, and changed in to pajamas (that's just how I roll). The hubs and I curled up on the couch with our rotten kitties to watch a movie, and within an hour I was stuffing my face with cold spaghetti. I ate it all, and then felt ill. So I confess, I am prone to overeating especially when it is delicious Italian food.

In other news I made a kick-you-know-what shepherd's pie, it was delicious. I will make it again soon with a photo tutorial...
Happy Sunday!