Blogging Hiatus

My Dad took us out for sushi, and this was the dragon roll


There is nothing like New Year's Day to make you realize you are a little older and you did not accomplish as much as you would have liked this past year. Well, there is nothing better than a fresh start.

So it has been forever and a half since I last posted. And though I have missed it, I have been seriously busy (who isn't at this time of year). I am officially back and my blogging hiatus is over. So perhaps you are curious as to what I have been up to the past week and a half, and if you are not I am going to pretend you are.

The hubs and I travelled across the country to visit with family for the holidays. Flying was an absolute nightmare; cancelled flights without notification, late flights, near stranding. Uggh, I do not want to see another airport for a long time. It was nice to visit the fam, and overall we had a good time but both of us are happy to be home and back in the swing of things.

One of the most challenging things about seeing my family was seeing my sister. She recently lost quite a bit of weight and looks fabulous, and of course I am so proud of her and happy for her. But she makes a mess of my being fat. For a long time now I have viewed being fat as a part of me, and as such there is not much that can be done about it. Whether my sister knows it or not she has motivated me, since obviously genetics is no longer a plausible excuse.

Both my husband and I would like to lose weight this year. We are stopping the excuses and the laziness, getting off of our fat arses (pardon my French) and doing something about it. I hope to lose between 60 to 80 pounds and my husband hopes to lose between 150 and 200 pounds. Obviously this will take time, and we are fine with that. 2009 will be the year that he and I turn our health around.

This brings me to another announcement... one that I have been hinting at for quite some time now... the fate/direction of this blog. I will have a theme for each day to streamline the direction of this blog (and my thoughts):
Sunday - Menu Plan for the week
Monday - Food Spotlight
Tuesday - Confession
Wednesday - Obsession
Thursday - Featured Recipe
Friday - Nutrition News Roundup
Saturday - Weekly Weigh In
Daily - Food Journal (with pictures)

I apologize for my absence and I am looking forward to the new direction of the blog and getting back to my routine. Be patient with me as the themed days will be new, but I think in the long run it will make for better blogging. I hope you all had a Happy Hanukkah, a Merry Christmas, a Joyful Kwanzaa, and a Wonderful New Year Celebration.

Here is hoping for an incredible 2009!