
NAOmni loves fiber, and she has gotten me hooked! I used to only look at the calories, fat and sodium content of foods, but lately I have been enamoured with fiber. The more fiber the better. Women should aim for 20 grams or more of fiber daily, and men 30 grams or more. Fiber is a type of carbohydrate that is not digested by the body, and will reduce your risk of developing heart disease, diabetes, and diverticulitus. Click HERE for an article chock full of information on fiber!
So why am I rambling on about fiber? That brings me to the reason of the post... my obsession. I am absolutely obsessed with fiber bars. NAOmni is always munching on FiberOne bars and she recently let me try one, they are delicious. On my most recent grocery trip I bought the store brand fiber bars and they are just as yummy. The bars are 140 calories and have 9 grams of fiber! They make the perfect afternoon pick me up snack. What is your favorite fiber-y snack?