A testament to my nerdiness



I am a nerd. I have come to terms with the fact that I will never be cool or hip, and I am ok with it. In fact I embrace my nerdiness, and hope to spread this outlook to others. When I taught middle school I would sometimes make them give me a high five and say "I am a nerd, and I am proud" before they could leave the class room. Yes... I was that obnoxious overly energetic, enthusiastic teacher.

I have hinted at my nerdiness before with the occasional Star Trek reference or my excitement over chemical compounds, but I have a confession...

I listen to NPR. My husband is actually to blame, because he is the one who got me hooked. When I am in my car you can find me spazzing rocking out to pop music or listening to NPR. Hands down my favorite is Zorba Paster, a family doctor with an infectious laugh.

I decided to confess my love of NPR and Zorba because he featured a recipe this past Sunday that I simply must share, Louisiana Sweet Potato Salad. Not only is it relatively low in calories, but it is extremely nutrient dense and sounds delicious. Fortunately I have a couple of sweet potatoes just waiting to be used...