And now for the updates you have been waiting for...

Well, my mom has been waiting for me to update... but I must hurry before the hubs comes home from work and I can no longer use his puter.


I am too lazy short on time to do a full nutrition news round up, but here are a few interesting links:
Preschoolers like veggies with catchy names HERE (who doesn't), HERE Obama is spending 1 billion on child nutrition programs (hooray for nutrition funding), if you eat like poo but still cut calories you will lose weight HERE (the calorie cutting is the difficult part), cooking and humans go way back HERE (like 1.8 million years).


In regards to my weigh in, the scale has not moved. I am a little disappointed, but I haven't been going at it with the same zeal I did in January. Well it is a new month, so I am getting re-energized about my weight loss.



Since I am all about getting caught up, here is the menu plan for the week:






Monday: taco salad.

Tuesday: turkey sausage, with peppers, onions and potatoes.

Wednesday: linguini with clams and green beans.

Thursday: macaroni and cheese with skinless sausage and broccoli.

Friday: breakfast for dinner, not sure what yet.

Saturday: swiss steak, mashed potatoes, and veggies.

Sunday: salmon, sweet potatoes, and mixed veggies.

Throughout the week I will add pics of my meals (under Daily Food Journal tab) as well as the approximate calorie content, so come back and check it out. For even more menu planning inspiration click HERE for Organizing Junkie's Menu Plan Monday.


I still need to do a few DFJs, but the hubs will be home any minute and I need to start dinner. So I will bid you adieu.