I will start with an obsession. I am obsessed with running, I love it. It is unfortunate that I cannot run for more than a block. Whenever I see women jogging by in their cute workout outfits, I am downright envious. I want to be one of them jovially jogging inadorable outfits that match their perfect running shoes. In fact, several of the blogs I read have avid runners for authors. I live vicariously through them.
And now for my confession. Last week I decided to do something about my obsession, I was going to become a runner. I put on my shoes (which are technically walking shoes), bundled up and headed outside with a plan. The plan I was using was Couch to 5K, which has helped many transition from couch potato to runner. The plan alternates between walking and running, and each week gets progressively more challenging until you can run a full 5K by week 9. Sounds good right? Wrong. Here is my confession: I could not even do week one! I am more out of shape than a couch potato, that is incredibly disheartening. I was bummed for awhile, but I have decided to walk instead (at least until I can lose a little more weight and build up some endurance). So my dreams of being a runner are on hold for the time being...
Happy Wednesday!