Heading Californee Way...

Hello Lovelies!

I absolutely cannot belive that May is gone and it is already June. In a few short weeks it will officially be summer! I have been thoroughly enjoying these last few weeks of spring time... the sunny but mild weather, the random thunderstorms that disappear as quickly as they appear, darkness not falling until after 9pm, and even the occasional firefly. These may not sound particularly special, but as someone who grew up in the suburbs of California, I am always amazed to see seasons.

Two years ago this very day the hubs and I tied the knot (evidence provided below)! Two months later we packed up everything we owned, left the city of angels, and drove to the volunteer state. So fireflies and and thunderstorms still bring me a sense of wonder since I am a California girl...


My photographer was incredible,
and she was recently voted best photographer in LA!


Speaking of California... I am headed there tomorrow evening. My Mother was kind enough to use her credit card points for me to come visit. *Thanks Mom* Unfortunately the husband cannot go, but I am excited to see all the old familiar faces/places.

In terms of weight loss things are still going extremely well. Since jumping back on the healthy eating wagon six weeks ago I've lost 17 pounds! That makes for a grand total of 26 since January, and only 44 until I reach my goal weight. My jeans are falling off, but I am temporarily fixing this problem with a belt in the hopes that I continue losing weight...

As far as my eating... not much has changed. I still love fiber, still drink too much diet coke, still adore chocolate. The only changes I have made is portion sizes and drinking lots of water. I wish I had my camera on me the past few weeks (ours was MIA for a short while), as I have a few new favorite yummies. I will be taking lots of pics while I am in Cali, so brace yourself for a ridiculous number of pictures of bulldogs!






To my incredibly wonderul and dashingly handsome husband...
I love you lots, and I can't imagine spending my life with anyone else. Happy Anniversary!
*The traditional 2nd anniversary gift is cotton... he'll have to accept a blog shout out and dinner at our favorite Italian place.