Colorful Horse Hooves

I adore three day weekends, the only thing I love more is a four day weekend! I am super excited for the Fourth. I love fireworks, I love barbecue, and I love symphony orchestra. Huh?
Yes I love symphony orchestra and my local SO (symphony orchestra for those who don't know :) ) is having a special performance before the fireworks begin. I am ready to rock my less fat skinny outfit and party like its 1999. The hubs is going to grill burgers, and I am going to prepare some potato salad and broccoli slaw. I am going to experiment with plain yogurt in place of the mayo, and see how that turns out. I am also hoping to make some sort of patriotic dessert. I am totally inspired by THESE jello-licious beauties...
What are you cooking this Saturday?

On to more nutrition related things... Omega-3s. Next week I will do a couple of in depth posts on these babies. But I will impart some knowledge now. The Omega-3 Index which measures the fatty acid composition in your red blood cells is a more accurate predictor of coronary heart disease than any other lab value. The higher your Omega-3 Index, the more cardio protection you have! Crazy, huh?

If you skipped the above paragraph here is the moral of the story: fish is good!

Enjoy your weekend!