The Question:
"I've been eating lots -- and I do mean lots -- of avocados recently, which are high-fat, but the fat is mostly mono-unsaturated. What do you think of eating lots of avocados?" - MyDailyQuestion
My Answer:
I adore avocados particularly in the form of guacamole! While it is true that avocados are high in fat, it is monounsaturated fatty acids or MUFAs. The predominant MUFA found in avocados is oleic acid, which has been linked to decreasing LDL (the "bad" cholesterol) while raising HDL (the "good" cholesterol) and offering protection from breast cancer. In addition to the benefits of oleic acid, avocados are extremely nutrient dense. They are good sources of folate, vitamins B6, C, and K, and fiber. Avocados also contain more potassium than a banana! The only downside to avocados is the number of calories... A medium avocado has close to 300 calories, so that can add up quickly. I say enjoy avocados as long as you have room in your daily calories!
I hope that adequately answered your question... let me know if I can clarify anything!

References:
http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=5
http://caloriecount.about.com/calories-avocado-i69480
