In titles that include "Looks," "Models Don't Eat Chocolate Cookies" and "This Book Isn't Fat, It's Fabulous," young people with meat on their bones are front and center in at least two dozen new books out since last year, rather than the usual ugly-duckling best friend or neighbor. Many of the stories conclude without significant weight loss, a huge breakthrough for some young fans.
"We're beginning to realize there's more to life than weight loss," Elizabeth Law (publisher of Egmont USA) said. "There just seems to be a little more acknowledgment in our culture now that everybody just can't go on Slim-Fast and get it taken care of."
Click HERE for the full article from the LA Times.
Definitely interesting, and something that I was unaware of. I think that most people that have never had a weight problem are unaware of how much it consumes your thoughts. Simple things such as getting up during class to use the restroom can take twenty minutes to decide, because my classmates might look at me. I always pick aisle seats at the movies so as to avoid having to climb over people. I am convinced that when I go to the gym the thin women look at me with disgust. Silly, but true. Being fat is partially a state of mind, and I suppose I am surprised that it has taken writers this long to capitalize on it...
Happy Wednesday!