Beauty School C25K Dropout

It is raining in my neck of the woods, and windy to boot. Before I delve any deeper into this blog post I have a confession...

Last March I admitted that I sucked at life running. Well last May, I gave running (painfully slow jogging if you want to get technical) another shot. I laced up my sneaks and tried (again) week 1 of Couch to 5K, or C25K for the hipsters. Week 1 involves eight 60 second jogs with intermittent walking, and I dowloaded a podcast with wonderfully cheesey techno music. Amazingly, I made it through (though this might not seem amazing to you). I wanted to die a little bit by the end, but I also felt immensely proud, a runner's high if you will (yes I know this occurs only after strenuous distance running, but let me have my moment). After this humongous small victory I decided to take it slow. I was going to spend two weeks rather than one on each segment of C25K and I did, all the way through week 5 (eight minutes of consecutive running woot woot ).

Then, it happened... What, you might ask? The answer, life happened. Suddenly my three to four times a week running became once a week, then once a month, then not at all. I still am not sure why I stopped since I truly enjoyed running and the way I felt afterwards (after the few minutes where I want to die). Alas, I confess I am a C25k dropout...

Now at this point you might also wonder why I didn't blog about this while it was all happening. I have two reasons, one I was sucking at the whole blogging thing at the time and two I was fearful of this very thing having to admit that I gave up. But I do have some good news... A few weeks ago I decided to go for a jog (week 1), and it felt good. It was a challenge which was disappointing, but I felt great afterwards. So I want to announce to all of my blog readers (Hi Mom!) that I am going to run again, and this time I will FINISH C25K! This is an attempt to keep me accountable, so wish me luck...