Spousal Coercion

Sometimes Mr. FD is a pain in my @$$ a huge help in my effort to be more accountable with my exercising. So on the way home from work/school he asked me if I was going to go running (i.e. C25K week 1). I calmly replied...

"No, I have to make dinner."
"I thought you made something in the crockpot."
"Yes, but I don't feel like it tonight. Maybe tomorrow."
"You said you were trying to be more accountable on your blog just yesterday."

Can you believe him? The nerve! Clearly he was on to me and my plan to be sedentary just 1 more day...

"I know, I know. But I am not feeling it tonight."
~ thoughts of feigning menstrual cramps crossed my mind at this point ~
"Fine, then I'll leave a comment on your blog announcing that you are not keeping your word."
"Ugh. Fine, but I am NOT taking Chairman."
"Oh, come on. He would love it."
"No."
"Come on..."
"No."
"Come on..."
"Fine, just know that I hate you."
Well played Mr. FD, well played.

So I made it through my run (and even enjoyed it somewhat), despite the fact that I had to deal with Chairman. Don't let his adorable face fool you, he is evil dressed as a puppy. Ok, that's a slight exaggeration but only slightly. But I must confess, I would not have taken a single step had my husband not forced encouraged me to. Next time I will not be so easily coerced...


Happy Thursday!