11 weeks down...

... 20 to go!

Theme Day is officially complete! My partner and I have one week left at food service. Still on the agenda: writing a business plan and planning an in-service.

Since it was scheduled for St. Patrick's Day, we used the holiday as a starting point for creating our theme day menu.  We served Reuben sandwiches, Irish chowder, and ice cream brownie parfaits with homemade Bailey's whipped cream (don't worry we used the coffee creamer).  We served more than 100 sandwiches over the course of lunch.  Needless to say, I did not make dinner last night! 

We are still evaluating the financial success of Theme Day, but our preceptor and the chef congratulated us on a job well done...  But on that same note, everyone in the kitchen came around and told us "Good Job!" while we were doing simple tasks like chopping onions! 

One more week in food service, and then I move on to cardiac.

Happy Friday!