Good Things Come in Small Packages

Case in point: Betty Crocker Warm Delights Minis, which come in three flavors: chocolate raspberry decadence, molten chocolate cake, and molten caramel cake. You have probably seen these little confections in your grocery store near the boxed cake mixes. The tag line for the product is, "you're just 3 minutes away from heaven!" The good news is heaven is only 150 calories! Quick, easy, low calorie, and delicious... my kind of treat...

I tried the molten caramel cake. The package contains a small microwaveable bowl, a bag of cake mix, and a package of caramel sauce. You will also need water, a spoon to measure the water, and a fork to enjoy your little cake.


Pour the cake mix into the bowl.


Add 1T plus 1t water and mix. (I used 4 1/2 plastic spoonfuls of water since I did not have a tablespoon or teaspoon handy)


Drizzle the caramel sauce on top of the cake batter.


Microwave for 30 seconds. It ended up taking approximately 40 seconds for my cake to be done.


This is how the cake will look when it is finished.


Now for the tricky part, you must wait approximately 3 minutes to allow the cake to cool and reach the optimal consistency.


Enjoy!


I know I did!

* This would probably be even more delicious with some sliced strawberries or toasted almonds.

Overall this is a good product. At 150 calories it is the perfect way to satisfy a sweet tooth without sacrificing your healthy eating objectives. Would I rather have a slice of cake made from scratch? Absolutely! But that would require time and energy to prepare and clean up, and discipline not to eat more than one slice. I would definitely purchase this product in the future.
If you are interested in receiving a free sample of Betty Crocker Warm Delights Minis, just sign up for the Betty Crocker email Newsletter HERE.