Menu Plan for the Week


One of the easiest ways for me to stay on track in terms of eating healthy is to make a menu plan for the week. I used to come home from school and work and spend at least half an hour deciding what to make, or I would pick something up on my way home. A menu plan makes it easy, I know exactly what I am making and the hubby knows exactly what he will be eating.

Sometimes I will switch days around, but overall I make a plan and stick to it. This week my plan was to use up things I had in my freezer and pantry. This is both a blessing and a curse. The blessing is that I spent very little on groceries this week; the curse, my meals are not all that exciting (but they are delicious and nutritious).

Laura over at Organizing Junkie, a wonderful blog dedicated to finding ways to organize your life, hosts a weekly event known as Menu Plan Monday. Hundreds of people post their weekly menus and many include recipes, it is a great source for menu inspiration if you are in a rut. This week it is Family Favorites Edition for Menu Plan Monday, which means that everyone that links will include tried and true favorites. Unfortunately, because I am cleaning out my pantry and freezer, I am not eating a "family favorite" this week (your best bet would probably be Sunday's supper).

So here is my dinner menu for the week...

SUNDAY: corn bread topped with chicken, avocado, sour cream, and salsa (inspired by my favorite appetizer at the Cheesecake Factory)

MONDAY: chicken with skillet potatoes and California style veggies

TUESDAY: turkey sausage with peppers and onions and skillet potatoes

WEDNESDAY: chicken with skillet potatoes and spinach

THURSDAY: scrambled eggs with skillet potatoes and summer veggies

FRIDAY: frozen pizza and salad

SATURDAY: stroganoff Hamburger Helper and broccoli

I must apologize for the abundance of skillet potatoes. I bought several boxes while they were on sale and we have yet to use them up. Next week I hope to have a wider variety of food and to include the nutrition information as well. For more menu planning inspiration click HERE.