I Confess...
Obviously my relationship with food is not a healthy one, my weight is a testament to that (but don't worry I am working on it). The past several months my eating habits have gotten worse. I have a major problem with overeating, so much so that I often would go days without feeling a single hunger pang. I would overeat at *every* meal. Eating felt satisfying and I would simply continue eating until I felt stuffed. Then I would feel guilty, and want to eat more. Uggh. Well I am genuinely trying to change that terrible habit.
Lately I have been eating more slowly and stopping before I am full, and usually a few minutes later I am full. However, I must confess I have slipped up... twice.
The first time was Sunday night, I had a second helping of vindaloo and paid the price. I felt sick! The second time was this afternoon (as you will see in my food journal). I ate a small bowl of corn chex as an afternoon snack, and then still felt hungry and ate a second bowl. I was absolutely stuffed (in fact I still am)! I am not going to get discouraged, I will simply wait until I feel hungry to eat dinner. A few months ago if this had happened I would have given up and thrown my healthy eating attempts out the window.
How do you cope when you unintentionally overeat?
