in ur bed, stealing ur sleepies


Hands down my favorite class this semester is "Maternal and Child Nutrition." I quite literally learn something new every class, and this class challenges me in ways that my "hard" science classes do not. The only negative aspect is that I have the baby bug after every class...

We are currently presenting on the topics we were assigned for our research paper (my topic was school and community interventions for childhood overweight, which I have a lot I want to share in the not too distant future). One of the topics presented today was about co-sleeping. While I won't go too in-depth with this controversial topic I just wanted to share a few items. I found it interesting that solitary sleeping in infants is an invention within the past 500 years, and many cultures still plactice co-sleeping with their infants. Supposedly the origin for the solitary sleeping recommendations came from priests in Europe after women were confessing to intentionally suffocating their babies in the bed they shared to control family size. Eeeek

You can read more about co-sleeping HERE and HERE.

For now I will have to settle for co-sleeping with my cats...