I mentioned last week that this rotation would be a tad scattered, and it was. Q week is a compilation of out-patient experiences including high risk obstetrics, pediatric gastroenterology, and a wellness center. All three locations were interesting, but I never stayed long enough to do much more than observation. I was able to observe a colonoscopy and an esophagogastroduodenoscopy (say that 3 times fast!), and I have yet to be the fainting intern! At the wellness center (which is much cooler than your average gym, I must say) I attended a Cardio Fit class which was a combination of treadmill, AMT (the lovechild of an elliptical and a stairstepper), and the recumbant bike. Then the RD subbed for a spin class (my first ever)... I am sore in places that did not even workout. Is there a cushion for those spin bikes???
During the workout, I mainly focused on not dying...
But after the workouts I felt like a rockstar. I heard the Rocky soundtrack playing and everything. More proof that I am an athlete trapped in a fat girl's body...
Hope the weather is beautiful in your neck of the woods!